Download package description
Installation package Sen4CAP version 2.0
The installation package of the Sen4CAP system has been split into 4 parts to ease its download:
- A zip archive containing all the necessary binaries and setup scripts (not considering MAJA, see below) [923MB]:
- install_script – contains the installation scripts that are used to create the distribution and to install the system and the tool needed for the integration of the Sen4CAP processors in SNAP
- rpm_binaries – the RPM files for all other system components (SLURM, orchestrator, downloader, processors)
- A zip archive containing the GIPP files [~1.2GB]: files needed by MAJA 3.2.2
- A zip archive containing the global SRTM dataset [~16 GB]: files needed by MAJA 3.2.2 and SNAP
- A zip archive containing the global SWBD dataset [~900 MB]: files needed by MAJA 3.2.2. *To speed up the download, split SRTM and SWBD datasets per continent (Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, South America) are also available.
IMPORTANT: MAJA 3.2.2 – that is used by the Sen4CAP system for the atmospheric corrections and non-valid pixels masking – is not included in the installation package of the Sen4CAP system and has to be downloaded separately from the CNES site. Nevertheless, MAJA must be installed before running the Sen4CAP installer, as described in the Software User Manual. The Sen4CAP installation script will look for the executable and prompt for its installed path location.
- Known issues
- The SAFE and L2A product previews are not gamma-corrected and can be too dark.
- The SAFE validation step flags as invalid products with even a single tile having a low-variance band as invalid (`NOTV`).
- The website has display issues on Safari.
- When deleting a site, the folders for the L2A products that were not processed by MACCS are not deleted and should be deleted manually. Normally these folders contain no valid product and contain only log and EEF files.
- Even if in sen4cap conda file is specified psycopg2 as pip package to be installed, it is not always installed. This makes L4B processor to fail. A manual installation might be needed using:
sudo su -l sen2agri-service conda activate sen4cap pip install psycopg2
- When executing seasons from the past, the automatic scheduled jobs might be executed before having all the products pre-processed.
- The L4C jobs are marked as finished with success even if there were no products as input.
- MAJA still needs to be installed even when using only ESA L2A products from SciHub.
- The old marker products are not overwritten.
- The L4A markers are computed only when the L4A processor runs.
- New L4A markers are added for custom jobs.
- The HTTP API only returns markers from the most recent product.
- The tillage processor
- Docker containerization for sen2agri-processors and MAJA
- Marker database and REST API for accessing it
- Possibility to use MAJA 4 or Sen2Cor for L2A pre-processing
- Posibility to use SNAP 8 in a docker container and use AsterDEM for nordic countries where SRTM is not available
- Option to use another DEM for MAJA L2A pre-processing
- Communication protocol between orchestrator components (HTTP instead of DBus)
- The L4A processor loads the data faster (by using Arrow IPC instead of CSV files)
- Some issues related to the L4B scripts due to some changes in the conda python gdal bindings
- Some DB concurrency fixes for the L2A launcher script
- Compatibility warning
- The current release (Sen4CAP version 2.0) offers you the possibility to use a newer version of MAJA (version 4). If you decide to switch from MAJA version 3 to MAJA version 4 (see the SUM), be aware that the advanced products have not yet been validated with this version 4 and that we advise you not to switch between different versions of MAJA during the processing of your season. You will need to restart the processing of your existing site from scratch.
- Download the Change Log file.
The Sen4CAP visualization tool (i.e. GeopediaWorld) is a Software as a Service based WebGIS application which has been configured and upgraded to demonstrate how Sen4CAP products can be integrated into existing standard GIS environment using standard protocols. The package for user interface is provided for the demonstration of such integration.
Download the latest Software User Manual.
- Sen4CAP system version 1.3, released on 13th November 2020
- Sen4CAP system version 1.2, released on 16th July 2020
- Sen4CAP system version 1.1, released on 28th May 2019
- Sen4CAP system version 1.0, released on 22nd November 2019
If you intend to use the Sen4CAP system on a small site (~90 000km²), the minimum system requirements to install and run this system are as follows:
- CPU: 8 Cores
- RAM: 64GB
- HDD Storage: 8 TB*
- SSD Storage: 150 GB (optional – for temporary files)
If you intend to use the Sen4CAP system on a national site (~500 000km²), the minimum system requirements to install and run this system are as follows:
- CPU: 16 Cores
- RAM: 128 GB
- HDD Storage: 28 TB*
- SSD Storage: 250 GB (optional – for temporary files)
*Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 L1 product storage not included