Download package description
Installation package Sen4CAP version 3.0
The installation package of the Sen4CAP system has been split into 4 parts to ease its download:
- A zip archive containing all the necessary binaries and setup scripts (not considering MAJA, see below) [~1.2GB]:
- install_script – contains the installation scripts that are used to create the distribution and to install the system and the tool needed for the integration of the Sen4CAP processors in SNAP
- rpm_binaries – the RPM files for all other system components (SLURM, orchestrator, downloader, processors)
- A zip archive containing the GIPP files [~1.2GB]: files needed by MAJA 3.2.2
- A zip archive containing the global SRTM dataset [~16 GB]: files needed by MAJA 3.2.2 and SNAP
- A zip archive containing the global SWBD dataset [~900 MB]: files needed by MAJA 3.2.2. *To speed up the download, split SRTM and SWBD datasets per continent (Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, South America) are also available.
IMPORTANT: MAJA 3.2.2 – that is used by the Sen4CAP system for the atmospheric corrections and non-valid pixels masking – is not included in the installation package of the Sen4CAP system and has to be downloaded separately from the CNES site. Nevertheless, MAJA must be installed before running the Sen4CAP installer, as described in the Software User Manual. The Sen4CAP installation script will look for the executable and prompt for its installed path location.
- Known issues
- The SAFE and L2A product previews are not gamma-corrected and can be too dark.
- The SAFE validation step flags as invalid products with even a single tile having a low-variance band as invalid (`NOTV`).
- The website has display issues on Safari.
- When deleting a site, the folders for the L2A products that were not processed by MACCS are not deleted and should be deleted manually. Normally these folders contain no valid product and contain only log and EEF files.
- Even if in sen4cap conda file is specified psycopg2 as pip package to be installed, it is not always installed. This makes L4B processor to fail. A manual installation might be needed using:
sudo su -l sen2agri-service conda activate sen4cap pip install psycopg2
- When executing seasons from the past, the automatic scheduled jobs might be executed before having all the products pre-processed.
- The L4C jobs are marked as finished with success even if there were no products as input.
- MAJA still needs to be installed even when using only ESA L2A products from SciHub.
- The old marker products are not overwritten.
- The L4A markers are computed only when the L4A processor runs.
- New L4A markers are added for custom jobs.
- The HTTP API only returns markers from the most recent product.
- Filtering of products in Products Browser is not working for interval mode.
- Upload for sites with multiple seasons is not working.
- Tiled raster and vector products visualisation in the Products Browser
- System configurator in the web interface
- MDB3 markers are now generated by the MDB1 processor without the need of uploading L4C input tables.
- Docker image for grassland mowing processor
- Support for L2A pre-processing with Sen2Cor
- The web interface of the Sen4CAP system has been reworked (PHP has been removed).
- Miniconda is no longer needed by the L4B processor.
- Docker image for SNAP8 SAR pre-processing has been updated to have the latest SNAP modules updates.
- REST API updates to support administrative operations.
- LPIS import is more resilient in the presence of invalid geometries.
- No need to install MAJA locally as it is run from a docker container.
- Datasource fixes related to credential persistence
- Fix mismatched column names in L4A marker files
- Compatibility warning
- The current release (Sen4CAP version 3.0) offers you the possibility to use a newer version of MAJA (version 4). If you decide to switch from MAJA version 3 to MAJA version 4 (see the SUM), be aware that the advanced products have not yet been validated with this version 4 and that we advise you not to switch between different versions of MAJA during the processing of your season. You will need to restart the processing of your existing site from scratch.
- Download the Change Log file.
The Sen4CAP visualization tool (i.e. GeopediaWorld) is a Software as a Service based WebGIS application which has been configured and upgraded to demonstrate how Sen4CAP products can be integrated into existing standard GIS environment using standard protocols. The package for user interface is provided for the demonstration of such integration.
Download the latest Software User Manual.
- Sen4CAP system version 2.0, released on 8th February 2021
- Sen4CAP system version 1.3, released on 13th November 2020
- Sen4CAP system version 1.2, released on 16th July 2020
- Sen4CAP system version 1.1, released on 28th May 2019
- Sen4CAP system version 1.0, released on 22nd November 2019
If you intend to use the Sen4CAP system on a small site (~90 000km²), the minimum system requirements to install and run this system are as follows:
- CPU: 8 Cores
- RAM: 64GB
- HDD Storage: 8 TB*
- SSD Storage: 150 GB (optional – for temporary files)
If you intend to use the Sen4CAP system on a national site (~500 000km²), the minimum system requirements to install and run this system are as follows:
- CPU: 16 Cores
- RAM: 128 GB
- HDD Storage: 28 TB*
- SSD Storage: 250 GB (optional – for temporary files)
*Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 L1 product storage not included