Download package description
Installation package Sen4CAP version 1.3
The installation package of the Sen4CAP system has been split into 4 parts to ease its download:
- A zip archive containing all the necessary binaries and setup scripts (not considering MAJA, see below) [945MB]:
- install_script – contains the installation scripts that are used to create the distribution and to install the system and the tool needed for the integration of the Sen4CAP processors in SNAP
- rpm_binaries – the RPM files for all other system components (SLURM, orchestrator, downloader, processors)
- A zip archive containing the GIPP files [~1.2GB]: files needed by MAJA 3.2.2
- A zip archive containing the global SRTM dataset [~16 GB]: files needed by MAJA 3.2.2 and SNAP
- A zip archive containing the global SWBD dataset [~900 MB]: files needed by MAJA 3.2.2. *To speed up the download, split SRTM and SWBD datasets per continent (Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, South America) are also available.
IMPORTANT: MAJA 3.2.2 – that is used by the Sen4CAP system for the atmospheric corrections and non-valid pixels masking – is not included in the installation package of the Sen4CAP system and has to be downloaded separately from the CNES site. Nevertheless, MAJA must be installed before running the Sen4CAP installer, as described in the Software User Manual. The Sen4CAP installation script will look for the executable and prompt for its installed path location.
- Known issues
- The SAFE and L2A product previews are not gamma-corrected and can be too dark
- The SAFE validation step flags as invalid products with even a single tile having a low-variance band as invalid (NOTV)
- The website has display issues on Safari
- When deleting a site, the folders for the L2A products that were not processed by MACCS are not deleted and should be deleted manually. Normally these folders contain no valid product and contain only log and EEF files.
- Even if in sen4cap conda file is specified psycopg2 as pip package to be installed, it is not always installed. This makes L4B processor to fail. A manual installation might be needed using :
sudo su -l sen2agri-service conda activate sen4cap pip install psycopg2
- When executing seasons from the past, the automatic scheduled jobs might be executed before having all the products pre-processed
- The L4C jobs are marked as finished with success even if there were no products as input.
- MAJA still needs to be installed even when using only ESA L2A products from SciHub
- Add buffer (in days) for queries (last query date - no.days)
- Retriable queries (json persistence)
- Support for HTTPS in sen4cap services (disabled by default)
- Optimisation of thread usage when fetch_mode is SymLink or Check
- Import: products filtering by intersection with the respective site
- L2 S1 product metadata: added original extent and projection code
- More details in database for S1 SLC pairs pre-processing
- An extra check before exporting L4C tables that the l4c_practices exists (avoid unnecessary error messages)
- Updated feature extraction to use just the main bands in the S2-only mode and include the red edge bands when both S1 and S2 are requested, to avoid resampling 20m bands to 10m
- SLURM service start type was changed from forking to simple
- USGS API updates
- Do not continue processing S1 products if the site gets disabled
- Save WGS84 extent in database for S1 L2 products
- CreoDIAS data source mixed geometries fix (polygon/multipolygon)
- Corrections for naming of L2 S1 products when only AMP or COHE pre-processing is enabled
- L4B Corrections for the bug when some users were obtaining the error "CreateSpatialIndex : unsupported operation on a read-only datasource"
- L4B Corrections for encoding issues (special characters not correctly translated into the output product)
- On LPIS products in WGS84 sometimes some indicators were not computed correctly and the execution could have crashed due to the invalid geometry
- L4A - fixed classification script crash in the presence of updated R dependencies
- L4A - fixed classification script crash on some input data
- L4A - fixed possible crash when no S1 data is available
- Compatibility warning
- The next release will use a newer version of MAJA, which will not be able to work with products from previous versions. If you're using MAJA, you will need to restart the processing of your site from scratch.
- Download the Change Log file.
The Sen4CAP visualization tool (i.e. GeopediaWorld) is a Software as a Service based WebGIS application which has been configured and upgraded to demonstrate how Sen4CAP products can be integrated into existing standard GIS environment using standard protocols. The package for user interface is provided for the demonstration of such integration.
Download the latest Software User Manual.
- Sen4CAP system version 1.2, released on 16th July 2020
- Sen4CAP system version 1.1, released on 28th May 2019
- Sen4CAP system version 1.0, released on 22nd November 2019
If you intend to use the Sen4CAP system on a small site (~90 000km²), the minimum system requirements to install and run this system are as follows:
- CPU: 8 Cores
- RAM: 64GB
- HDD Storage: 8 TB*
- SSD Storage: 150 GB (optional – for temporary files)
If you intend to use the Sen4CAP system on a national site (~500 000km²), the minimum system requirements to install and run this system are as follows:
- CPU: 16 Cores
- RAM: 128 GB
- HDD Storage: 28 TB*
- SSD Storage: 250 GB (optional – for temporary files)
*Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 L1 product storage not included