Download package description
Installation package Sen4CAP version 3.2
The installation package of the Sen4CAP system has been split into 4 parts to ease its download:
- A zip archive containing all the necessary binaries and setup scripts (not considering MAJA, see below) [~1.9GB]:
- install_script – contains the installation scripts that are used to create the distribution and to install the system and the tool needed for the integration of the Sen4CAP processors in SNAP
- rpm_binaries – the RPM files for all other system components (SLURM, orchestrator, downloader, processors)
- A zip archive containing the GIPP files [~1.2GB]: files needed by MAJA 4.x
- A zip archive containing the global SRTM dataset [~16 GB]: files needed by MAJA and SNAP
- A zip archive containing the global SWBD dataset [~900 MB]: files needed by MAJA. *To speed up the download, split SRTM and SWBD datasets per continent (Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, South America) are also available.
IMPORTANT: In order to update MAJA GIPP, please follow the instructions provided in the sections 3.3.1 Installation procedure and 3.3.2 Update procedure from the Software User Manual (SUM).
- Known issues
- The SAFE and L2A product previews are not gamma-corrected and can be too dark
- The SAFE validation step flags as invalid products with even a single tile having a low-variance band as invalid (`NOTV`)
- The website has display issues on Safari
- When deleting a site, the folders for the L2A products that were not processed by MACCS are not deleted and should be deleted manually. Normally these folders contain no valid product and contain only log and EEF files.
- When executing seasons from the past, the automatic scheduled jobs might be executed before having all the products pre-processed
- The L4C jobs are marked as finished with success even if there were no products as input.
- The old marker products are not overwritten
- The L4A markers are computed only when the L4A processor runs
- New L4A markers are added for custom jobs
- The HTTP API only returns markers from the most recent product
- Filtering of products in Products Browser is not working for interval mode
- Upload for sites with multiple seasons is not working
- Support for Sen2Cor ESA created L2As for BOA add offset.
- Added support for computing median, p25, p7 and min/max in MDB1 markers.
- Added computation of NDWI and brightness in the L3B processor
- Added extraction for NDWI and brightness in the MDB processor
- Automatic detection for S1B presence and automatic configuration of S1 master and interval (operation performed per site).
- Enhanced site creation dialog. Now the uploaded extents can be seen on a map and sites can be drawn
- L4A custom jobs allows now selecting an interval instead from a list of L2A products.
- Updates for the Creodias datasource in order to accommodate new changes in the Finder API and S1 products re-organization.
- USGS datasource updates for retrieving products after 20th of October (API changes)
- Automatic scheduled processors are not triggered anymore is all input products are not processed. Not enabled by default (see SUM 22.214.171.124).
- Download the Change Log file.
The Sen4CAP visualization tool (i.e. GeopediaWorld) is a Software as a Service based WebGIS application which has been configured and upgraded to demonstrate how Sen4CAP products can be integrated into existing standard GIS environment using standard protocols. The package for user interface is provided for the demonstration of such integration.
Download the latest Software User Manual.
- Sen4CAP system version 3.1, released on 19th July 2022
- Sen4CAP system version 3.0, released on 18th November 2021
- Sen4CAP system version 2.0, released on 8th February 2021
- Sen4CAP system version 1.3, released on 13th November 2020
- Sen4CAP system version 1.2, released on 16th July 2020
- Sen4CAP system version 1.1, released on 28th May 2019
- Sen4CAP system version 1.0, released on 22nd November 2019
If you intend to use the Sen4CAP system on a small site (~90 000km²), the minimum system requirements to install and run this system are as follows:
- CPU: 8 Cores
- RAM: 64GB
- HDD Storage: 8 TB*
- SSD Storage: 150 GB (optional – for temporary files)
If you intend to use the Sen4CAP system on a national site (~500 000km²), the minimum system requirements to install and run this system are as follows:
- CPU: 16 Cores
- RAM: 128 GB
- HDD Storage: 28 TB*
- SSD Storage: 250 GB (optional – for temporary files)
*Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 L1 product storage not included